Friday, January 30, 2009

The Curious Case of Benjamin Button

Few nights ago, I went with my wife to see "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button". A movie that just got 13 Oscar nominations this year. Well, I've not seen any movie for a while, and I'm the one who pick this movie, certainly I should enjoy it. Indeed, I think I've mentally prepared to see this movie as I found out something about this movie before I went, like it is over 2 1/2 hours long, it is a bit slow, and the main plot as well. So, I wasn't surprise by the story or other things. Some people might think that it would take away the fun to see a movie. Well, for this kind of 'art' movie, it is ok to do that. Otherwise, if the movie sucks, I will regret to pay the full price and wasted hours in the theatre for it.

About this movie, I wasn't disappointed at all. In fact, I enjoy it very much. The set pieces, the make up, the specific effect, and Cate Blanchett's acting are all good. Brad Pitt is....well good, but not good enough to deserve to win an Oscar. Cos, maybe due to the character, his performance is quite....subtle. No much ups and downs in terms of display of emotion. Not sure it has anything to do with the makeup, anyway, I think he is doing a fine job in terms of acting, it basically go with the tone and flow of the movie. The 2 1/2 hours went fine and as the story itself is captivating. One thing that I noticed about Brad Pitt is that, when he was playing a 50+ years old character, he really look like Robert Redford!

Anyway, I would say the movie is enjoyable if you know what you expect. My wife enjoyed that, but not as much as I, cos she got a cold that night. Anyway, I would say that I'd good time in viewing this movie.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

非常好东西。

Anonymous said...

谢谢好东西.