Friday, May 30, 2008

Happiness in daily life

Working in an office job with stable (regular overtime) hours everyday means that my life is quite routine. I am not complaining, but it could be quite dull or boring sometimes. As a result, I always regard home is such a important sanctuary that I always try to enjoy my time there. As a husband and a father, some of my responsibilities are quite dreadful and tedious. Certainly, as a responsible and matured person (at least I think I am), I need to take on them like a man and try to look at the bright side of things. We are not living in a perfect world, and many things can be view as half glass full. So, anything that can light up my life, I do cherish it deeply.

Since the birth of my son, I think that he is really giving me a great deal of joy. Certainly, he gives me 'other things' as well. But what matter is that the positive side outweigh the negative side. Otherwise, you should not be a parent. My wife and I always love my son's smile, such an innocent smile. Nobody can fake it, he won't be the same when he got older. So, I really cherish what he is right now. To be honest, I don't spend as much time with him as I should. However, I think that what is important is the quality not quantity. Especially if quantity and quality are somewhat reversely proportional. It is such a joy to watch him do things, though they are kinda silly in most adults' eyes. His behavior does show how a young mind view the world and how he learns. That is fascinating sometimes if you pay attention. He just change everyday. His looks different now comparing with his pictures few months ago. Every now and then, my wife and I would say we wish he can already dah dah dah.....like wish he can walk on his own, talk with some senses, etc. But, honestly, I would rather cherish every step of his growth rather than just wish for something in the past to remain or for something that will happen so or later. Just cherish the current moment is important, cos it will not stay long.

As a parent, just a smile on your kid's face make not 'make your day', but it can really relax your mind and give you some comfort. My son's happiness can really trigger my happiness.

No comments: