Sunday, September 28, 2008

Paul Newman




The passing of a great actor. I'm not very familiar with his works. Actually, he is just not the actor that most of my generation familar with. I only saw few of his movies, like The Color of Money that he did with Tom Cruise. His last role of providing voice over in the Pixar movie - Cars did gave an aura to an otherwise forgettable movie.

I don't know why....I just like this guy, just reading some extracts of his life, an actor like him is not just an actor, but also a lot of other things to many other people. I even tried his salad dressing once just because it is in his name. Anyway, I'm sure there will be many kind of commemorable events to pay tribute to this great actor/philanthropist in the States.

For more about this great man, read these:


By the way, I've heard that the best way to learn great moral lesson is to read the biography of famous people rather than reading books of philosophy or theory. I find that is actually quite correct...read what Paul Newman did and said in his life is quite inspiring.

No comments: