Friday, January 27, 2012

Puss in Boots

I've not blog for a while cuz I've been busy with lots of stuff since my last blog. Works are getting hectic a bit and family as usual demands time. Anyway, I was still able to squeeze time to see this movie. Yes, it is a bit late, but it is worthy seeing.

Actually, I bought my wife and my 4 years old son to this movie and my son seems to enjoy this one much more than Happy Feet 2. However, my wife just thought this movie is so so. I asked her why, she said this movie is not as good as Toy Story! Oh, dear! how could she compares this one to the classic!? Anyway, going back to this movie....

Comparing to Shrek series, this movie is relatively straight forward. It doesn't have much sarcastic humor or plenty of references to other kiddy stories. Basically, the whole movies has 3 main characters: Puss, Kitty Softpaws, and Humpty Dumpty (the Egg). The human characters are kinda forgettable. It does have some funny moments here and there, and the actions are very good. However, the story is just a bit..... weak. It would be a much better movie if it can further strengthen the love between Puss and Imelda - his adopted mom, his days in the orphanage, and all that. Having said that, the relationship between Kitty and Puss, and the friendship/betrayal between Puss and the Egg are well written. To my surprise, I really don't have much to say about this movie. I just feel this movie is decent, worth-seeing, but not great....

No comments: