Monday, June 25, 2007

New LCD Monitor

Back Dated For Jun 21:

Today, I went with my coworker, Hong, to get a new 19” LCD monitor for only HK$. He also got one himself, as he is kinda more an expert on this computer related items. So, it is great to have him come along on this kind of buying trip.

My existing 15” Viewsonic monitor actually works fine, just it was bought 3 years ago for almost HK$3000. But it is looking quite small this days, jumping from 15” to 19” makes me feel it is worthy than jumping to 17”. So, I’m happy about it, especially that we can have a better view of movies in our studying room. Though, it won’t be as nice as viewing in our living room on the 32” LCD TV, it is still better than not feeling like watching it. I doubt that we will have much time doing that, still it should be better for us to simply use our excel, word or simply surfing the net.

Also, I bought a pair of new speakers for my PC as well, as my current speakers are more than 5 years old, it works ok, but something got to go especially the new ones are only HK$. With my installation of additional RAM (from 512M to 1G), and a new 250GB hard disk last weekend, I think my upgrade of my DELL should last me for 2 more years at least.

Oh, by the way, the new monitor is gift from Cora, thanks my dear!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

While you upsize your LCD I have actually gone the other way. I ditched my PC and my 17" monitor, and went for a laptop with a small 14.1" screen.

Love it. I can work anywhere in my appartment be it in the dining room the bedroom or even the toilet hehee :p