Wednesday, June 27, 2007

iPhone and ipod

Apple’s iPhone is coming out at 6pm EST on Jun 29, 2007. I’ve been reading news on this gadget even during the rumor stage before it was announced by Steve Jobs this Jan in MacWorld. Personally, I enjoy my 5G 30GB ipod very much. It was my birthday gift from Cora last year. Though it doesn’t have a FM radio, though I could buy an add-on for that, I didn’t. I still love to take it with me almost whenever I can. I even joke with Cora that ipod is my concubine.

However, I don’t see myself buying an iPhone even it become available in Hong Kong. Firstly, the cost of the phone is not really the issue, it is the services cost that local carrier is gonna charge, which is expected to be very high. I may be able to afford that, but I will probably choose not to. Secondly, the storage capacity is simply too small – 8GB! Cos, if I bought an iPhone, I would like to use that to replace my Ipod, but even my current ipod has a size of 30GB, I would still consider that as too small for me. With all the songs (>10,000), podcast and video clips that I would like to carry with me; I would need at least 50 to 60GB. Some of my coworker is fine with few GB, that’s why they have an ipod nano, but that’s not work me. Cos, I don’t like to unload stuff for me to upload new stuff in my Ipod. So, iPhone will not gonna be in my ‘Most Wanted’ list anytime soon until these 2 issues are solved. Rather, if the 6G ipod will have a bigger capacity and a wider screen, I may opt for that instead. However, I don’t think it is gonna come out till end of this year at least.

No comments: