- Apple is making Apple TV with screen for real and I think we will see that in 2013. The key issue for Apple is not the hardware, but trying to secure as much contents as possible from providers at launch time. Incremental increases in future years are expected, but they would either have a bang at launch, or just not launch it at all. TV WILL be the fifth leg of the stool. It is a category that they don't wanna screw up, particularly the first one under Tim's regime, though many of the background works and ideas are from Steve.
- Apple will continue to make strategic acquisition to secure the technologies that produce crucial parts of the their products.
- Apple is not happy with Samsung and Google. The battle will continue.
- Would like to know how Tim works with Scott and Jonny, both of them are tentpoles of Apple, I would say.
- Apple's relationship with Facebook will go either way, depending on Facebook's next move, i.e. a Facebook phone.
- Next iPhone will be called 'iPhone'.
- Ping will die in 2 yrs or less.
Wednesday, May 30, 2012
Tim Cook on All Things D
I almost forgot that it is the of the year again. If you are interested in Apple, check this out! It is a good way to learn how to answer questions carefully and discretely, telling what you want and turn down answering things that you don't wanna talk about politely. Tim Cook is no Steve Jobs, but I like what he said so far. I think the company is in good hands for now. My other thoughts after reading the manuscript of the interview as well as other few other news stories about the company are: